Skip to main content

April 16, BlisterCut.

A Sunday.  At 12:31 central daylight you sent me this text:  BlisterCut.

It is Rich Hill at home for the Dodgers.  Visiting are Taijuan Walker and the Arizona Diamondbacks.  We have been texting a bit.  I noted a toothpick sighting, my first of the year.  Quickly Dusty then pulled the toothpick back into his mouth, no'ne the wiser.  You texted me about a Dan Straily-led effort by the Marlins pitchers to no-hit the Mets.  I saw Utley ground out and texted you that he was 46.

I'm watching Hill now.  I didn't see him much last year so I've no basis for comparison in my mind.  He is apparently throwing the curve less, which I'm not sure he can do, if he wants to be elite.  Chris Ianetta has homered to dead center.  Top 3 and the bases are loaded.  Orel H says the curves have been hanging.  One out.  I was tuned into Tigers at Indians while gardening.  Hill has walked Lamb, a run scores.  Honeycutt out to the mound.  Stripling loosens in the 'pen.  Tomás chases one.  Drury ground out to Turner, 5-U.  Hill has escaped.

Andrew Toles chases one up and out of the zone.  Corey Seager sends a high looper down the left field line, barely foul.  Seager gets a hold of one but Pollock runs it down.  Justin Turner, craZy beard, hitting .375.  Seven doubles.  He's been a good doubles man since he was a Met.  I can remember sorting stats from one of the years he was there, looking for the first guy on the "most doubles" list who had relatively few at-bats.  But he doesn't double now.

I was only two minutes into taking June for a walk when a dog tore out from our two-doors-down neighbors' and bit June under her jaw.  Dog would not let up.  I kicked damn dog but not hard enough.  Got June out of there, neighbor shows up, I yelled at this dumb person, June bleeding, back here, alcohol on cotton, couldn't find the wound right away.  B called the police.  I went and pounded on their door, raging.  I am just not real good at keeping my cool.  Met with police, signed a complaint.  Second time one of those neighbors' dogs has run at June, no blood the first time.  B took June to the vet.  I am trying—

Officer came back by.  Somewhere in the shakes of that I tweaked my groin.  My hand hurts a little.  I kind of wish I had just dropped the leash and tried to kill that other dog with my bare hands.  Shit, let's go back to baseball.  It's 2-1 Snakes.  Walker and Hill both had early trouble but it didn't compound in either case.  Stripling came on for 2 1/3, left with them loaded but none came in.  I am not sure who put that fire out.  Romo pitches now.  Archie Bradley was on for Arizona but I don't know how long Walker went.  Bradley walked a guy with  two out, Pederson then hit one hard into the shift.

Pollock runs down another Seager and... face plants into the Chavez Ravine wall...that was rough.  Pollock is a stud for that play.  That ball carried.  Bradley is still pitching.  Vet has confirmed bite mark.  That dog tried to kill June.  How am I supposed to feel?  It feels like an act of war.  I was just starting to say to myself I was way overboarding the 'Get off My Lawn' attitude and now this occurs.  Double switch.  On come...Jeremy HaZelbaker and Jorgé de la Rósa.  How about that zed?  I went all out for the former Cardinal.  Good 'Cut, friend!

It seems Chris Ianetta and of all people Vernon Wells have gone into the winemaking business together.  Pedro Baez gets an out and is lifted.  He has picked up his pace.  Orel H says Ianetta sent him some of the Napa wine and that it is pretty good.  I like wine but it's expensive, hit-or-miss, and: if I drink enough to get a buzz I get the jimmy legs.  The red wine hangovers are as bad as any.  Am I wrong?


Comments