Skip to main content

April 7, PhilliesHotCut.

I have left my phone at home, back on the other side of the river.  If you have sent me the HotCut text, I have not read it.  I thought about calling you or emailing you from my work email but this is not an urgent matter and perhaps I can even have a little fun with it.  I will guess what the game will be:

John's guess:  MaxCut, Washington at Philadelphia.

ScherZer is the best pitcher going; VelasqueZ opposite him isn't too bad; none of the other pitching matchups are that compelling: Foltyniewicz - Nova is OK; Wright - Fulmer has promise; Ryu returns, maybe you will go with a ToadCut... Phil Hughes - Derek Holland, ugh... Yovani Gallardo - Jesse Chavez...help.

Real quick a note on yesterday's 'Cut.  Stroman pitched well and won: 6 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 ER.  Grilli the save, Kendrys Morales homers.  Snell lasted 6 2/3 but walked five (97 pitches).  Longo 1-for-3 with one walk.

A snow squall erupts at PNC Park as Francisco Cervelli reacts histrionically to some chin music.  The bases are loaded.  I want to go to PNC Park, it's tops on my list.  That and Coors.  I regret not going to Chavez Ravine when my brother lived in Los Angeles.

B is at home and pinged me on my work email.  I asked her if there were a HotCut text on my phone.  She responds, "Yes.  Phillies."  Bingo!  Sadly, I'll be unable to listen to it as I drove home because I won't have my phone.  Alas, alackaday.

 * News Alert*

Emilio Bonifacio is still in the league!

* End News Alert*


 Back-to-back jacks: David Freese and Francisco Cervelli, who matches his total from all of 2016.  Folty only lasted 3 2/3...91 pitches, egads.  Ivan Nova is through five, one unearned run, 74 pitches, no walks.

Serious breaking news this time: the Blister that Won't Quit is back: Hill to the DL with a blister.  That's a shame.  Let the man pitch, Mr. Blister!  But the show must go on and that show, my friend, is what you call the HotCut.

Eaton walks, Harper homers.  That give Harper 5 RBI, one behind...Mark Reynolds.  Also with five are Puig, Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, A.J. Pollock, and one or two others I didn't catch as I was trying to write this.  Vince V fans Murphy and Ryan Zimmermann.

ScherZer is through two with two Ks.  The upper-cased Zs are one thing that actually comes across better in phone text.  Kind of a pain whilst writing cursive.  Turner fans and is off to a slow start (.333 OPS).  Eaton walks again, his fifth of the year.  Eaton takes a bag, Harper strikes out.

P.S.  These are the texts I had from you waking up this morning, the morning of April 8, 2017:

1)  The Crads suck
2)  I was far too bullish on them being cromulent
3)  L3.  Ugh
4)  Choco, Kays, 'chos and Crads...3 out of 4 ain't bad.
5)  Top 10 in Milwaukee.  1-1
6)  Brewers win on a wild Montgomery pitch in the 11th!


Comments