Skip to main content

August 27, LA HotCut: Listening to Baseball on My Cell Phone on the Interstate.

It has been two days since my last entry.  I went camping last night.  As I drove to an old farmhouse in the Ozarks I listened to Twins at Blue Jays on LTE until the connection dissipated somewhere past Cuba, MO on Interstate 44.  Then we heard Tommy Pham walk the Cardinals off against Brad Boxberger and the Tampa Bay Rays.

Driving back today I had MLB audio on LTE for a surprising stretch of rural Missouri, starting north of St James, even before I made it to the interstate.  I started with the Indians, who were crushing Kansas City.  Lindor homered, Santana homered.  Eric Skoglund didn't last long for the Royals.  Then I went to Twins at Blue Jays for a second day in a row.  I heard a Buxton home run.  Kyle Gibson was pitching for the Twins, Joe Biagini for the Blue Jays.  I heard Josh Donaldson get picked off of first base.

I got a bunch of baseball texts over the course of this weekend.  I'll list them below as an addendum to this post.

Right now I've got Sunday Night Baseball.  The Washington Nationals have just taken a 4-3 lead over the New York Mets on a bases-loaded walk to Michael A Taylor.   That was the fourth consecutive walk, the first three tossed by Hansel Robles.  A Bradford is in there now—not Chad but Chasen.  He gets a 5-4-3 double play and the inning is over.  Are there day games tomorrow?  I'm flagging bad right now.  First pitch tomorrow is 18:05.  Tuesday?  The same.  Ouch.  First pitch Wednesday is 12:05, yes.

I'm on fumes and we are texting about MLS soccer.

Gavin Cecchini bats.  Plawecki is on first.  Matt Albers is pitching.

The Baseball Texts You Sent Saturday


  1.  Stanton 2-4 with a BB.  No jacks.
  2.  Blackmon with his 31st and now has 117 runs.


The Baseball Texts You Sent Sunday


  1.  Disaster start in Cleveland!
  2.  It's only 11 here and there are games aplenty
  3.  Stanton is 1-1 with a 2B, BB, R and RBI.
  4. Giancarlo with his 50th
  5. Hoskins also got one
  6. Crads bullpen strikes again!

Comments