Skip to main content

September 3, Sale. Severino. HotCut.

As if you had to think about it not for a second you quickly issued the 'Cut at 7:49 central daylight in this terse fashion:  Sale.  Severino.  HotCut.

I am happy to say I will be able to watch this Sunday Night Baseball game because I am at my parent's place and they have cable.  Maybe my dad, a Red Sox fan, will watch too.

The Tigers Sans Miggy

I have the Indians at the Tigers on my phone, opting for the Tigers radio feed.  My head hurts a little and I'm afraid of Tom Hamilton doing me further damage as he calls this lopsided matchup.  I tuned in right after Jose Ramírez had homered.  Edwin took a big hack and Dan Dickerson described him as trying to go back-to-back.  There is a pall over the Tigers process this September.  Even Miguel Cabrera, who still is on the team, is not in the lineup today because he has begun serving a six-game suspension for fighting.  Mahtook, 6-3.

Bumgarner Bounced

My brother, my dad and I have been watching Cardinals at Giants.  Madison Bumgarner hit a home run but his work on the mound hasn't been as impressive.  He lasted only five innings.  The Giants are a mess.  I put my phone away or I'd give specifics on Bumgarner's line.  I had to get the phone away because I've gone OCD vis-à-vis my fantasy baseball matchup.  I am going to lose to the second-placed team.  It's not the playoffs yet; I'm still viable.  But this week is a test my team hath failed.

The Cardinals have a lot of weapons.  Where to play them all?  Jose Martinez is deserving of a full-time gig somewhere.  His nickname is "Café" and his OPS is just a little under .900.  What's not to like?  Perhaps he does not always throw to the right base but bad arms seem not to keep good bats out of lineups.  Martinez is at first base today.

What exactly is up with Matt Carpenter?  This guy is the biggest enigma.  Is he mercurial or just strange?  Harrison Bader shows promise.  Who is this Mejia at third?  Not Adalberto.  Not Francisco.  Martinez crushes one into triples alley, off of erstwhile Giants prospect Kyle Crick.  The Cardinals lead 7-2, Martinez has two doubles today.

Arizona at Colorado

That's the TBS game of the week.  It's 5-1 Arizona, Blackmon is on second, someone else is on first.  Arenado was up but he just struck out.  The Diamondbacks have won nine in a row.

Weaver is Back out for the Seventh

"As the starts go by you get more impressed with what you see."

—Dan McLaughlin

Here's Hunter Pence.  Bumgarner allowed three home runs today.  Pence is in the hole.  Weaver's thrown 18-of-24 first-pitch strikes.  Pence is caught looking at a ball that appeared to be both inside and down.  Ryder Jones is caught looking at a changeup that might have been a strike, that's eight whiffs for Weaver.  On his 105th pitch Luke Weaver blows away Mac Williamson.  How is this Cardinals team so far on the outside looking in at a Wild Card berth?

Sunday Bridge

Brad Hand is trying to close out the Dodgers.  Red Sox at Yankees is about to start.  It's top 9 in San Diego, two down, full count—the game goes final.  That sound you hear is trusses and planks crashing into the river below.  This Sunday Night game had a listed start time of 18:30 but that was all talk.  So we don't quite bridge but'll do for a Sunday Night in which we are just minutes away from more baseball.

Meanwhile, "Burgers are up," my mom says.  They are hot and cut like circles.  I'll have two!



Comments